You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in US or Canada.
We may collect and store the following personal information:
- email address, physical contact information, and (depending on the service used) sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account number;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Site (such as product information, inquiry, quotes, buying, selling, item and content you generate or that relates to your account);
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item;
- community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through the Site, and correspondence sent to us;
- Your preference in Tradows services;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Site, and ad data;
- other information, including IP address and standard web log information: and supplemental information from third parties. (For example, if you incur a debt to Tradows, we will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law. As another example, if the information you provide cannot be verified, we may ask you to send us additional information (such as your driver license, credit card statement, and/or a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address), or to answer additional questions online to help verify your information.
We don't sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies (such as demographic data) to improve and personalize our services. If you don't wish to receive marketing communications from us, simply indicate your preference once you sign-in on the Site in My Tradows, similar account status page, or by following the directions within the email.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Site's content and layout;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety.
We may also share your personal information with:
- members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services;(Our corporate affiliates will market only to users who request these services.)
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations; (such as fraud investigations, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs and co-branded credit cards)
- other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information; (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service)
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity; (In such events we will disclose name, city, state, telephone number, email address, User ID history, fraud complaints, and bidding and listing history.)
- Tradows participants under confidentiality agreement, as we in our sole discretion believe necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringement, piracy, or other unlawful activity; (In such events we will disclose name, street address, city, state, zip code, country, phone number, email, and company name.) and
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy and our ability to keep the community free from bad actors, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
Activity Associated with Company IDs
Your Company ID is displayed throughout the Site and is therefore available to the public. All of your activities on the Site will be traceable to your Company ID. Other people can see your company profiles, presenting products, items for sale, storefronts, feedback, ratings and associated comments, and so on. Notices are sent to other community members regarding suspicious activity and policy violations on the Site and refer to Company IDs and specific items. Therefore, if you associate your name with your Company ID, the people to whom you have revealed your name to will be able to personally identify your Tradows activities.
Using Information from Tradows
Our Site enables you to share personal and financial information in order to complete transactions. We encourage you to disclose your privacy practices and respect the privacy of other users. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information. To help protect your privacy, we allow only limited access to other users' contact, shipping and financial information in order to facilitate your transactions. When users are involved in a transaction, they may have access to each other's name, User ID, email address, and other contact and shipping information. In all cases, you must give other users a chance to remove themselves from your database and a chance to review what information you have collected about them.
You agree to use user information only for:
- Tradows-transaction-related purposes that are not unsolicited commercial messages.
- Using services offered through Tradows (e.g. escrow, insurance, shipping and fraud complaints).
- Other purposes that a user expressly chooses.
We use "cookies" (small files placed on your hard drive) on certain pages of the Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- Most cookies are "session cookies," meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session.
- You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site.
- You may encounter cookies from third parties on certain pages of the Site that we do not control. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a "cookie" placed by that web page.)
No spam, spyware or spoofing
We and our users do not tolerate spam. Make sure to set your Tradows notification preferences so we communicate to you as you prefer. You are not licensed to add other Tradows users other than the users in your own company, even a user who has purchased an item from you, to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent. To report Tradows related spam or spoof emails to Tradows, please forward the email to email@example.com
. You may not use our communication tools to send spam or otherwise send content that would violate our User Agreement
. We do filter and automatically scan messages before they are sent for viruses and other illegal or prohibited content but do not permanently store email messages sent through these tools. If you send an email to an email address that is not registered in our community (via Refer a Friend or other tool), we do not permanently store that email or use that email address for any marketing purpose. We do not rent or sell these email addresses.
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your Tradows password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify Tradows and change your password.
Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the Site. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our Tradows User Agreement
, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
Your information is stored on our servers located in Canada. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use lots of tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the Site. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information or private communications will always remain private.